The Registrar's Office provides a certified record of those records concerned with live births, deaths, fetal deaths, (still-births), and marriages which occur within the Township. A form must be filled out by the requester and given to the Registrar along with a copy of legal identification (Ex: Driver's License) and payment for number of copies being requested in order to obtain a Certified copy with a raised seal. Current fees are: $15 first copy and $5.00 each additional copy.
MARRIAGE , SAME-SEX MARRIAGE, REMARRIAGE, CIVIL UNION, REAFFIRMATION OF CIVIL UNION LICENSE INFORMATION APPLICATIONS:
The cost of a Marriage License is $28.00, payable when you apply for the license. Applicants are asked to please call ahead for an appointment at 609-268-2377 ext. 304 or 301. When applying for a license, the following information is needed.
- Marriage Applicants and 1 witness (18 yrs. of age or older) must be present. There is no minimum time period from which the witness knows the applicants.
- Proof of residency of the applicants (Driver's License, utility bill, copy of lease).
- Two forms of identification for Marriage Applicants (driver's license, passport, birth certificate, etc.)
- Social Security Cards or a paycheck showing SS#.
- Name, address and phone number of person performing the ceremony.
- Township in which ceremony will take place.
- Divorce papers, final judgment (with seal) or death certificate of prior spouse(s) where applicable.
There is a 72-hour waiting period from the time the application is signed until the license can be issued.
| CIVIL UNION INFORMATION|
For two people to establish a civil union in New Jersey, they must satisfy all of the following requirements:
- Not be a party to another civil union, domestic partnership or marriage in this state or that is recognized by this state*;
- Be of the same sex ; and
- Be at least 18 years of age, except that applicants under 18 may enter into a civil union with parental consent. Applicants under age 16 must obtain parental consent and have the consent approved in writing by any judge of the Superior Court, Chancery Division, Family Part.
* Same sex couples who meet the above requirements and are registered as domestic partners may enter into a civil union with the same person without terminating their domestic partnership first. If the domestic partnership was registered in New Jersey, it automatically terminates when the civil union is registered. If the domestic partnership was registered in another state, that state's laws determine the impact on the domestic partnership.A couple that has previously entered into a civil union or a same-sex marriage shall apply for a Reaffirmation of Civil Union License. More Civil Union license information: http://www.state.nj.us/health/vital/civilunion_apply.shtml